Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 26.07.2011, 11:23
sempervivum offline
Kroatien-Fan

Kroatien Fan seit: 02.01.2011
Standard

Please forgive me for writing this in English, my German language is simply too bad to express the feelings.

Leo is anything but what I expect him to be.

I was expecting a cat that would only sit & eat and sleep. Instead of this I have a cat, that's full of life.

Yesterday evening it was the first time he slept in my bed - after some 10 days or so in our home he felt secure enough not to "hide" in his cat bed with hood.

He is curious as cats can be. He never runs - he walks slowly and secure. He likes to spend his time outside on the balcony, where we have a small cattery (3 x 1,5 m). There he can lay down on the sun or in the shade, hear the birds sing and he sometimes evet turns his head towards the singing birds ... which I find amazing. When he gets tired of fresh air, he return to the house.

First few days among my other cats must have been quite difficult for him, as he was hissing anytime he would come close to other members of my cat gang! I would not think of any other reason for my other cats not to hiss back at him but that they understand Leo is "different". There were no cat fights and slowly Leo is starting to develops relationships with them that is friendly.

The only "problem" is food. Leo likes to tear down the food bags (hence the fact that there is ALWAYS food in the bowl) - he just enjoys doing this. Since Cucko is the same, the two of them are like a mob. Juvenile delinquents, that's what they are. (They are the same age!)

Leo likes to play with toys that make noises. That surprised me a lot, he can literary play for half an hour without losing interest or getting tired.

Things are slowly becoming "normal" for Leo and I beleive he is feeling o.k. with us.

His next big step would be visiting the vet. I must admit I am a bit afraid of thet day ... because I hope so much there si something we can do about his eyesight. But that's another story!

With thanks to:
Željko for bringing Leo up and all the care for him
Maritta for translation and everything else
and all the members of this forum, who cared!